Starting in 2022, each new cohort of IBI Ambassadors will be limited to a carefully selected six (6) individuals, two (2) from each county. The programme will continue to have an intergenerational approach, with a balanced mix of males of females 18 years and older.
Jamaicans interested in becoming IBI Ambassadors will be invited to express their interest via an application to the Governor-General’s Programme for Excellence (GGPE). Shortlisted candidates are then invited to an interview and an induction ceremony where they will be welcomed into the Network by Sir Patrick. Each new Ambassador will:
- Lead the design and implementation of special projects under the Youth, Family and Education programme pillars.
- Receive year-long tailored mentorship as they work with the GGPE Secretariat to deliver its annual programs: the Summer of Service Scholarship, the Youth Consultative Conference and Parenting Now.
- Join an asynchronous learning platform with modules designed to build leadership qualities, and strengthen competencies in project design and resource mobilization.
- Regularly attend social events put on by the Governor-General’s Programme for Excellence under the patronage of His Excellency the Most Honourable Sir Patrick Allen.
At the end of their first year, new IBI Ambassadors will present a report of their projects during the induction ceremony held for the new cohort. Their work does not end here, as they will continue to work within the broader network of IBI Ambassadors to deliver projects within their parishes annually and support the overall growth of the ‘I Believe’.
Newly selected IBI Ambassadors must be willing to:
- Commit 5 hours per week to their assigned project within the Programme
- Commit to completing the self-paced modules of their online training
- Uphold the values of the IBI in personal and public conduct
- Attend the activities of the IBI/GGPE
- Submit annual reports of their work done within their parishes
Jamaicans aged 18 and above who are taking the lead in their communities and using their skills to transform lives are invited to apply to become an IBI Ambassador. Newly inducted IBI Ambassadors will receive a unique package of training, mentoring and networking, and work on a yearlong project focused on the themes of Youth, Family and Education.
The IBI Ambassadors Programme is not an award but a platform that will support members to develop the amazing work they are already doing in their communities.
Applications close on November 7, 2022.
Each application must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants need to have proven experience of working to improve their communities locally, regionally or at a national level and be able to show evidence of their achievements.
- Applicants must be aged between 18 and above
- Applicants must be citizens of Jamaica, residing in Jamaica
- Applicants need to demonstrate evidence of their leadership qualities.
- All applicants/nominees need to be supported by a suitable referee.
- Priority will be given to individuals with a strong affinity for the Sustainable Development Goals and Vision 2030 Jamaica.
All applications will be considered based on the young person’s achievements, potential, and future ambition. A panel will shortlist ambassadors made up of existing Ambassadors from across Jamaica and the GGPE Management Committee. The shortlist will be presented to His Excellency the Governor-General for final confirmation.