The 2023 Governor-General’s Achievement Awards
Inspiring Purpose. Celebrating Excellence.
Launched in 1991, The Governor-General’s Achievement Awards (GGAA) recognizes and celebrates exceptional Jamaicans, who are leading change within their communities and are excelling in areas of leadership and academics despite the challenges they may have faced.
Recipients of the 2023 GGAA will receive their awards from His Excellency The Governor-General and their respective Parish Custos through a ceremony at King’s House. A GGAA lapel pin is also given to each awardee as they become members of a growing network of inspiring Jamaicans.
The call for nominations will open on Monday, January 1, 2023, and close on Wednesday, March 1, 2023. Persons interested in receiving this prestigious award must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be a Jamaican Citizen
- Fall in one of the following categories: 18-24 years, 25-35 years, or over 35 years.
- Have an outstanding and verifiable record of community service.
- Candidates in the 18-35 years categories must demonstrate excellent academic performance.
You may nominate yourself or someone else for the 2023 GGAA by visiting and completing our online nomination form. The form will require you to respond to 4-5 essay-type questions and add additional details.
Nominations will close on March 1, 2023, at 12:00 PM. Persons shortlisted based on their online submissions will be invited for an interview at the parish level.
We are excited about this year’s awards and have prepared a list of the key processes and their timeliness for you:
- Nominations Open – (January 1, 2023)
- Nominations Close – (March 1, 2023)
- Shortlisting and Interview Period – (March – April 2023)
- GGAA Succesful Nominee Notification – (April 20, 2023)
Successful Nominees will be notified via email/phone of their successful nomination and advised of the schedule of activities for them to receive the award from the Governor-General of Jamaica.
Successful Governor-General’s Achievement Awardee will be asked to present at King`s House on the scheduled date and 1 hour in advance of the stated times for prerecording the awards presentation.
- The 2023 GGAA Ceremony-( June 29, 2023, at 10:00 AM)
We are so excited that you have joined our network of national builders. Help us better serve you and the wider GGAA network by filling out this evaluation form.