Thirty-five (35) inspiring Jamaicans have been selected for the Governor-General’s Achievement Awards (GGAA).
The award, which recognizes outstanding contribution to community and nation building, will be presented in a virtual ceremony to be staged in February 2021, under the theme: ‘Engaging, Empowering & Inspiring Jamaicans’.
The GGPE (Governor-General’s Programme for Excellence) is pleased to announce the 2020 awardees for:
– 18-24 category Mr. Rahjean Sortie
– 25-35 category Mr. Glenville McLeod
– Over 35 category Mr. Nigel Nelson
– 18-24 category Mr. Alrick Davis
– 25-35 category Dr. Alex Tracey
– Over 35 category Dr. Errol Wright
– 18-24 category Ms. Tamoy Campbell
– 25-35 category Dr. Romario Simpson
– Over 35 category Dr. Olivene Burke
– 18-24 category Ms. Evryanna Hylton
– 25-35 category Mr. Amorkard Brown
– Over 35 category Mr. Erold Pinkney
– 18-24 category Ms. Dena-Kay Taylor
– Over 35 category Ms. Janet Cousins
– 18-24 category Ms. Shavonese Shirly
– Over 35 category Ms. Janet Brimm
– 18-24 category Mr. Brandon Grant
– Over 35 category Mr. Nickoyon Brown
– 18-24 category Mr. Rashaun Stewart
– 25-35 category Mr. Jermaine Harris
– Over 35 category Mr. Conroy Thompson
– 18-24 category Ms. Shyan Robinson
– 25-35 category Ms. Renea Bromfield
– Over 35 category Rev. Godfrey Watson
– 18-24 category Ms. Crystal Scale
– 25-35 category Ms. Monique Ingram
– Over 35 category Mrs. Patricia Reid
– 18-24 category Ms. Britany Forsythe
– 25-35 category Mr. Travis Benain
– Over 35 category Mrs. Morlett Schloss
– 18-24 category Ms. Shamona Smith
– Over 35 category Ms. Aldith Stewart
– 18-24 category Ms. Shanique Davidson
– Over 35 category Mr. Glenna Revers-Robb
– Over 35 category Ms. Shantae Grant
The GGAA is the award component of the Governor-General’s Programme for Excellence (GGPE) and was established to acknowledge the meaningful contribution of community leaders and to celebrate the success of persons who model service above self and impact national life.
Recipients aged eighteen (18) to thirty-five (35) are selected on the basis of academic achievements, while persons thirty-five (35) and above must demonstrate evidence of leadership through innovative and sustainable community projects that impact family, youth and education.
For more information, please contact Mr. Abrahim Simmonds via email at email@example.com or phone at 876-550-9460, or Mr. Alex Sterling via email at email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone at 876-550-4534.